ABOUT CENTRE FOR LEGAL RESEARCH, FOREIGN AND PUBLIC POLICY:
Centre for Legal Research, Foreign and Public Policy (CLRFPP) is an autonomous centre of Research Board, All India Legal Forum dedicated to in-depth research and scientific analysis with the objective of delivering actionable ideas that could transform society. The Centre seeks to contribute to academic activities in domestic and international law and to do substantive research in public policy. It is a knowledge platform that includes and tries to bridge publication, training and other forms of knowledge-transfer, and the development of knowledge tools. It is dedicated to the principles of liberal thought, democracy, rule of law and economic freedom with a focus on equity, efficiency and effectiveness.
PEOPLE BEHIND ALL INDIA LEGAL FORUM:
AILF is a team of more than 700 students across the country to tackle basic problems which a legal researcher faces in day to day life. Our Advisory Board consists of Dr J.S. Patil, Vice-Chancellor of National Law University and Judicial Academy; Dr Yogesh Pratap Singh, Professor of Law and Registrar of National Law University Odisha; Dr Rita Ray, Adjunct Professor of National Law University Odisha; Dr Ritu Gupta, Professor of National Law University Delhi; Dr O.V Nandimath, Professor of National Law School of India University; Dr Ashok Patil, Professor of National Law School of India University; Mr Saurabh Anand, Professor of Gujarat National University; Ms Ruhi Paul, Professor of National Law University Delhi; Ms Kiran Raj, Asst. Professor of Manipal University; Dr Alok Verma, Professor of Amity University; Dr P. Puneeth, Associate Professor of Jawarharlal National University and Honorary Board comprises of Justice A.K.Sikri eminent jurist and an International Judge of the SICC; Advocate JLN. Murthy who is Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association of The United States and International Organizations; Dr.Vinod Surana International Lawyer CEO & Managing Partner, Surana and Surana International Attorneys; Justice M.K. Sharma Former Judge Supreme Court of India, SL Bhayana, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India; Justice Amarnath Jindal, Prof. J.S. Patil is a Professor of Law and currently the Vice-Chancellor of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam; Sr. Adv. Amit Trivedi practising in Allahabad High Court Lucknow Bench, Lucknow; Sr.Adv. Dhruvin.U.Mehta Gujarat High Court member and many more.
ROLE OF ASSOCIATE EDITOR:
The main role of the Associate Editor is to edit and review the projects of the Centre. The list of projects of the Centre are-
- Women and Law
- India and its international relations with neighbouring countries
- Rights of victims, prisoners and arrested person (In light of Legal Aid)
- The political system in India (An overview of different political parties along with an insight into the working of the left-wing and right-wing)
- Integration of Indian States (History and role of nationalist leaders)
- Minority and Human rights in Indian states (In terms of language, culture, religion etc)
- Treaties and international agreements in environmental law
- Crime and law enforcement in Indian and international perspective
- Immigration, nationality and citizenship in Indian and international perspective
- Indigenous and cultural rights of North-East India.
· Students who are currently enrolled in 3 years and 5-year UG Law course and willing to work for six months.
· The student’s profile should reflect a strong interest in legal research and writing.
Note: Preference will be given to candidates having prior editorial experience or research experience. However, the same is not a pre-requisite to apply. Past Publications would play an important role in the decision-making process. At the same time, the quality will take precedence over quantity.
There is no stipend or remuneration involved.
NO. OF VACANCIES:
A Certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the tenure.
Interested candidates meeting the above-mentioned qualifications are required to send their CVs along with a cover letter and a writing sample to [email protected]latest by 25th August 2020. The subject of the e-mail should be “Application for Associate Editor”.
For further details mail us at [email protected].