About the University
National Law University, Delhi is a law university in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Situated in Sector-14, Dwarka, New Delhi, India. NLUD is one of the national law schools in India built on the five-year law degree model proposed and implemented by the Bar Council of India.
About the Moot Competition
National Law University, Delhi is organising the Celebration of 70th Constitution Day Moot Court Competition, 2020 under the aegis of Ministry of Human Resource Development and University Grants Commission. It will be conducted virtually, in two stages: Memorial Qualification round and Oral Rounds.
This is an opportunity open for the students of both law and non-law colleges. Any student of Higher Education Institute is eligible to participate. However, the participation is restricted to one team per college.
- Each team shall consist of 3 members (2 speakers and 1 researcher). This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- Each team shall allocate the role of speakers and researcher among themselves which will be followed during the entire competition. The team shall notify this arrangement at the time of registration to the organizers through the registration form and such arrangement cannot be modified during the competition under any circumstances.
- Each team will have a team code. Teams shall not disclose their identity or that of their region/city etc.; such disclosure shall invite automatic penalties including disqualification. The Administrator’s decision in this matter shall be final.
- There is no registration fees for submission of memorials.
- However, the 16 teams qualifying for Oral Rounds will be required to pay Rs. 1,000/- through the link that will be sent on email.
- The last date for registration is 12th September, 2020.
- Other details can be found on the website of National Law University, Delhi.
- There is no registration fees for the submission of memorials. However, the 16 teams qualifying for Oral Rounds will be required to pay Rs. 1,000/- through the link that will be sent on email.
To register for the competition, click here.
- Memorials can be submitted on or before 27th September 2020.
- 16 teams will qualify for the Oral Rounds.
Structure of the Competition
- There will be 2 (two) rounds of the Competition i.e. Memorial Qualification Round and Oral Rounds.
- The Oral Rounds to be held through virtual conferencing.
- There will be 2 preliminary rounds, Semi-Finals and Finals.
- 4 Teams with highest total marks [decided on the basis of total marks scored by a team during the rounds as mentioned in XI (b.)] will proceed to the Semi-Finals.
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the teams that will register and successfully submit the memorials on the due date.
- Other Prizes includes a Trophy and Certificate under each of the following heads:
- Best Memorial
- Best Speaker
The concerned can contact the Organising Committee at [email protected]
For official site, click here.
For Moot Proposition, click here.
For the Brochure, click here.