Model Virtual Court Competition:
With the help of “Model Virtual Court Competition” Kourtology brings a new method for law students to get an in-depth knowledge on how the courts proceedings transpire. It aims to provide law students with the opportunity to draft pleadings similar to what is filed in actual courts. Similarly, it gives an opportunity to students to present their cases as they are presented before a court. Given the situation during the on-going pandemic, the functioning of the courts had a paradigm shift, introducing the concepts of E-courts, which is another prospect that Model Virtual Court Competition desires to fulfill.
The aim is to bring forward the idea of practical learning while creating an environment of professionalism and maintaining the court etiquettes. In short, the aim is to unleash the lawyer within you.
- All students pursuing a 3 year or a 5 year LLB course or an LLM course from a recognized law school, university or institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Each participating team shall have a maximum of two (2) members and both shall be eligible to be speakers / researchers etc.
The competition problem is based on the currently contentious issue of Right to privacy apropos the contact tracing application introduced by the Government of India- The Aarogya Setu App.
Date of the competition: 9th – 11th October, 2020
Registration Fee: INR 100 per participant
Technical Requirements: High Speed Net Connection.
1. Best Team: INR 2000/-
2. 1st Runner-Up: INR 1000/-
3. Best Speaker: INR 1000/-
4. 1st Runner Up Speaker: INR 500/-
5. Best Pleading: INR 500/-
Enrollment Process: Paytm the registration fee and then fill out the Google form (link below) and attach the screenshot of the payment.
Click here to Register
Paytm Number: 8860068888 of Gpay at: 9911442269
|Commencement of Online Registration||22nd August, 2020|
|Release of Problem||1st September,2020|
|Last date of registration||26th September,2020|
|Last date for seeking clarification||28th September,2020|
|Last Date of Submission of Petition||30th September, 2020|
|Shortlisting of teams||5th October, 2020|
|Preliminary Rounds for oral hearings||9th October, 2020|
|Quarter Final & Semi-Final rounds for oral hearings||10th October, 2020|
|Final round for oral hearings & Valedictory ceremony||11th October,2020|
Brochure for the event
Problem for the Competition
• UTKARSH KUMAR MISHRA- +91- 9739899610
• SHRUTI GUPTA- +91 83608 70921
• WAGISHA- +91 77650 61063
• MADHAV SINGH BAGGA- +91 89548 41664
• DEVYANI PRASAD- +91 99992 28974
• REVANTH REDDY CHINTAM- +91 81793 59199
For more details contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Phone number: +91-8360870921