Mediate Guru is a social initiative led by members across the globe. The aim of the organization is to bridge the gap between the general public and litigation. Here our organisation comes into the picture. We are creating a social awareness campaign for showcasing mediation as a future of alternative dispute resolution to provide ease to the judiciary as well as to the pockets of general litigants.
This presentation will address why and how mandatory mediation was introduced in Ontario, how it works, and what Ontario lawyers think of mandatory mediation now, having lived with it for nearly two decades. Anyone interested in how to increase the use of mediation, or sceptical about mandatory mediation, will find this presentation useful.
About the Speaker
Ms. Jennifer Egsgard
· Canadian lawyer and Harvard-trained mediator based in London UK
· Mediates wide range of cases from contract and tort to employment and shareholder disputes
· Since 2001, diverse legal career has spanned 6 years litigating at international corporate firm, to refugee law with specialized Legal Aid clinic, to founding private law firm then mediation practice
· Frequent speaker, including at American Bar Association, Canadian Corporate Counsel Association, UK Civil Justice Judicial ADR Liaison Committee, Ontario Bar Association events/meetings
· Chair of Ontario Bar Association Joint Committee on Ontario Mandatory Mediation Program
· Executive Member of Alternative Dispute Resolution section of Ontario Bar Association
· Organizes professional development for International Academy of Mediators and participant in mentorship program
· Provides mediation training including at law firms and Ontario Ministry of Consumer and Government Services
Who is it for?
For all Law Students / Academicians and Practicing Professionals, Policy makers.
Note: E-Certificate will be provided to participants who will fill the attendance form at the end of the session.
The session will be hosted through WebinarJam
Date and Timings
The Webinar will be conducted on 3rd September, 2020.
5.00 PM Indian Standard Time
12:30 PM British Summer Time
Click here to register https://forms.gle/P6GuJpAVfTAjf3Qq6
Or visit us at: www.mediateguru.com/events
Kindly note there is no registration fee for the webinar.
The registration will close on 2nd September 2020
For any query mail us: