About the Organization
IMS Law College, Noida: Established in 2004, in Sector-62, Noida, IMS Law College, Noida runs under the auspices of IMS Society, a non-profit making body. IMS Law College is the first college in Noida to start B.A., LL.B 5 Years integrated course. The College is approved by Bar Council of India, recognized by University Grant Commission (UGC) and affiliated to the Chaudhary Charan Singh University Meerut.
About the Program
The faculty development program on Emerging Challenges to Labour Laws due to COVID-19 Crises is going to be a two-day event.
The current pandemic situation in the country due to COVID-19 has highlighted the struggles of the Indian migrant workers. The unregistered migrant workers are the worst affected victims of COVID-19. Indian migrant workers during the COVID-19 pandemic have faced multiple hardships.
With factories and workplaces shut down due to the lockdown imposed in the country, millions of migrant workers had to deal with the loss of income, food shortages and uncertainty about their future. In light of these latest developments, this Faculty development program is planned.
Objectives of the Programme
- To give a basic understanding of the need for reforms in the labour laws due to the current pandemic situation.
- To familiarise with the emerging perspective of Industrial Relations in India.
- To apprise with the lacunas in the existing labour laws.
- To make the participants aware of the strategic concerns about the labour laws.
- To discuss the problems of interstate migrant workers and the protection by the existing legislation.
The course is primarily designed for faculties of law institutes and universities. However, anyone is eligible to apply.
- Dr. K. S Bhati: Professor and Dean IMS Law College, Noida: M.A. (Eco), LL.M., PhD Diploma in IRPM, Diploma in Company Law, Gold Medallist in Graduation
- Dr. Asha Verma: Assistant Professor of Law, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Dr. Hardik Parikh: Assistant Professor of Law, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Ms. Tania Sebastian: Assistant Professor of Law, VIT, School of Law, Chennai
29th August 2020: 11.30 AM – 1.00 PM: 1.5 Hours: Inaugural session: Dr. K.S Bhati
29th August 2020: 3.00- 4.30 PM: 1.5 Hours: Professor Tania Sebastian: Problems of Migrant workers during COVID-19 pandemic
30th August 2020: 11.30 AM – 1.00 PM: 1.5 Hours: Dr. Asha Verma: Emerging trends in Industrial Relations in
India Impact of COVID-19 on Industrial Relations
30th August 2020: 3.00- 4.30 PM: 1.5 Hours: Dr. Hardik Parikh: Social Security Benefits for the workers during this pandemic situation.
Vishwas Pandey: +91 9319804608
Pulkit Trehan: +91 8800909808