About the Journal
Lex Lexicon Journal is a double-blind peer-reviewed initiative undertaken by students of prominent law universities across the nation, who have taken a visionary approach to create a reservoir of socio-legal discourse.
The journal is dedicated to the facilitation of research in contemporary affairs about law and social policies, and intends to bring students, researchers, scholars, professionals, practitioners and academicians from multiple disciplines together on a single platform. It seeks to generate and disseminate thought-provoking academic discourse and provide critical opinions of legal luminaries to deliver to its readers an insight to understand the challenges faced by society.
The advisory panel of the journal includes numerous renowned legal luminaries. Prof. Rose Varghese (Former Vice Chancellor NUALS, KOCHI), Prof. S Z Amani (Former Dean Faculty of Law Jamia Millia Islamia), Dr. Malika Gautam (Advocate at Supreme Court of India and Counsel at The International Court of Justice, The Hague), Dr. Shouvik Kumar Guha (Faculty, WBNUJS) and several eminent advocates and many distinguished faculties of prominent universities are on the board as standard-bearers of the journal.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board of the Lex Lexicon Journal (LexLJ) is accepting original and unpublished manuscripts enumerating and disclosing the legal and social happenings taking place in the contemporary world, for the publication in Volume 1, Issue 1 of the Journal to be released in November 2020.
The journal is accepting submissions in the following categories:
- Research Papers: 4,000 to 8,000 words;
- Long Articles: 3,500 to 5,500 words;
- Short Articles/Essays: 2,000 to 3,500 words;
- Case Comments: 1,500 to 2,500 words;
- Book Reviews: 1,000 to 2,000 words.
Note: Word limits are inclusive of footnotes.
Each submission must be accompanied by an Abstract. The word limit for the abstract shall not be more than 300 words.
The themes mentioned hereunder are illustrative and not exhaustive.
- Anti-defection law: Lacunae and Solution
- Custodial torture: A Glaring Violation of Human Rights
- Analysis of the Effectiveness of Virtual Courts
- Right to Education
- Analysing the Need and Significance of Consumer Protection “E-commerce” Rules 2020
- Need for Amendment in procedural Criminal Laws in the Backdrop of the emergence of Virtual Courts
- Contempt of Court vis-a-vis Right to Freedom of Speech and Expression
- Transgender Act: A Critical Appraisal
- Persons with Disabilities and Access to Justice in the backdrop of the COVID 19 Pandemic
- Tracing the Concept of Force Majeure in the Indian Contract Act, 1872
- Need for Revisiting Abortion Law
- Police Encounters and Rule of Law
- Tracing the Impact of Dissolution of Labour LawsLoan Waiver and RBI’s predicament
- Role of Financial Institutions in Economic Imbalance during COVID-19
- IPR: Dynamics of patent laws and emerging challenges
- Bank mergers and their legal implications
- Significance/role of corporate social responsibility during COVID-19 pandemic
- New Education Policy
- The submissions shall be original, unpublished and shall not be under consideration anywhere.
- Submission should be made in MS Word format (doc.) or (.docx).
- The manuscript shall be free from any spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.
- Plagiarised work shall be severely rejected.
The format shall be in the following manner:
- Font Style: Times New Roman
- Font Size: Heading: 14, Content: 12, Footnotes: 10;
- Line Spacing: Main Content: 1.5, Footnotes: 1
- Alignment: Justified
- Margins: 2.54 cm from all sides.
- The citation style shall strictly be in consonance with Harvard Bluebook (20th Edition).
- The non-compliance to the proper footnoting method shall be subject to rejection.
How to Submit?
All the submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter including the name of the author(s), the title of the paper, email-ID, contact number and name of the institution. No personal information shall be mentioned in the body of the text or the file of the manuscript. Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors and cover letter shall contain the details of both the authors.
Authors are required to send their submissions at editorial[at]lex-lexicon.com in a word document format (.doc/.docx). The name of the document must be in the following format-Title of the Submission-Name of the Author.
Submissions must be made with the Subject of the email as ‘Submission- LexLJ ’.
Note: There is no registration fee.
- Last Date of Submission of Full Manuscript: 24th September 2020
- The Acknowledgment of the Submission of the Manuscript would be done within 48 hours of the receiving of the Manuscript.
- Journal (Volume 1, Issue 1) will be launched in the 1st week of November 2020.
- Best 3 papers would be awarded a cash prize and a Certificate of Merit
- All the Authors (whose manuscript would be published) will be provided with a Certificate of Publication and an e-copy of the Journal.
E-mail ID admin[at]lex-lexicon.com
Zeeshan Ahmad: 7781892121
Masoom Reza: 8587080640