About the Institution
National Law University, Jodhpur is an institution of national prominence established under the National Law University, Jodhpur Act, 1999 by Rajasthan State Legislation. The University is established for the advancement of learning, teaching, research and diffusion of knowledge in the field of law.
Journal on Governance is an annual journal issued by National Law University, Jodhpur. The Journal offers a forum for critical research on interplay of contemporary issues in corporate law, both from an academic and industry perspective. Along with exploring the various problems and challenges that affect the corporate world, the Journal attempts to explore and offer workable solutions, which may be helpful in regulatory and policy decisions.
The Editorial Board of the Journal welcomes submissions of original articles, comments and discussion within the aim and scope of the Journal for Volume IV, Issue I. The Journal is peer-reviewed with ISSN serial publication No. 0976-0369.
The broad theme of the Journal for Volume IV Issue I is “Winds of Change in the Corporate Governance Regime: Looking towards a New Horizon”.
- Understanding the role of proxy advisory firms in the corporate governance regime in India and the need to regulate them- A long awaited procedural reform!
- Growing importance of the ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) criteria and its contribution towards better corporate governance.
- The urgent need for introspection of falling corporate governance standards in public and private sector banks- Identifying the key issues and figuring a way out.
- Role of corporate governance on stock market liquidity.
- ‘Shareholder Activism’: An emerging trend in India.
- Impact of the recent changes in the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Law on the corporate governance regime- A leeway to defraud creditors?
- Need for governing Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME’s) the corporate way?
- Rising corporate governance issues and challenges for Indian companies in the COVID-19 era and the expected aftermath.
- How COVID-19 may reform the corporate governance norms/ standards in India (Corporate Governance in the post-pandemic world).
- Understanding the changing role of Government and its various agencies with respect to corporate governance in India.
Any other article on the general theme but outside the scope of the sub-themes is also welcome.
The Journal invites academicians, practitioners, students of law pursuing their LL.B (Hons.)/LL.B/LL.M from any recognized university to submit their entries.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
Please note that the submissions must conform to the following requirements:
- The acceptable length of Articles is between 4000-6000 words, and of Notes, Comments and Case Analysis is between 2500-4500 words, including footnotes.
- All submissions must include an abstract of not more than 300 words, explaining the main idea, objective of the article and the conclusions drawn from it.
- The Article should be on A4 sized paper, in Garamond, font size 12, 1.5 line Spacing, justified and 1-inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in font size 10 and with single line spacing.
- The Authors should conform to the Bluebook (20th edition) Uniform System of Citation.
- Authors should provide their contact details, designation, institutional affiliation and address in the covering letter for the submission. The Manuscript should not contain any identification of the author/s, which shall be a ground for rejection of the submission.
- Each submission may have up to two authors.
- The submission must be the original work of the authors. Any form of plagiarism will lead to direct rejection.
- The relevant sources should be duly acknowledged as footnotes. The decision of the Editorial Board in this regard shall be final.
- The Journal publishes only original and unpublished material. Manuscripts must therefore not, at any time during the period of consideration by the Journal, be considered for publication in any other place, nor published beforehand
- Manuscripts shall be assessed by subjection to Blind Review Procedure. Reviewers shall not be informed of the author’s name, university, year in college, or any other personal information.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is 31st October 2020.
Authors are requested to send an electronic version of their manuscripts .doc or .docx format to journal.governance[at]gmail.com with the subject as “Submission- [Name of Author] –Volume IV Issue I.”
The document name must be in the following format “[Name of Authors(s)]-[Title of submission].”
All queries may be addressed to the Editorial Board at journal.governance[at]gmail.com
Ms. Niharika Jaiswal (Editor-in-Chief): +91-9956534045| niharikajaiswal96[at]gmail.com
Mr. Suraj Sonowal (Editor-in-Chief): +91-9119131952 | surajsonowal10[at]gmail.com