ABOUT SCHOOL OF IPR AND COMMERCIAL LAWS
The School of IPR and Commercial Laws is an autonomous research school of Research Board, All India Legal Forum. It is an initiative to promote interdisciplinary research in corporate law, and related fields like competition law and policy-making, conflict management, banking and Intellectual Property Rights. The main objective is to provide holistic advice on all issues relating to corporate affairs and Intellectual Property Rights, and impacting on corporate functioning, including the legislative, policy, structural, governance, regulation and interdisciplinary/coordination issues, keeping in view the current developments and likely future scenarios.
It provides for policy insights into government legislation on the edifice of the current epoch of rapid economic expansion and strategic knowledge dissemination. It aims to create an environment for systemic reforms as well as initiate plans and Programmes for cumulative change within and outside organizations.The issue of financial inclusion has been an under-explored field of law and policy studies.
Poverty and income inequality remain a stubborn challenge in India, the rapid economic expansion in previous decades, which lifted millions out of poverty. Financial inclusion is often considered as a critical element that makes growth inclusive as access to finance can enable economic agents to make longer-term consumption and investment decisions, participate in productive activities, and cope with unexpected short-term shocks. Intellectual Property Rights and their related laws is still a developing field in the country, but its reach and importance simply cannot be ignored. The intellectual property now touches several types of industries and businesses, ranging from the pharmaceutical industry to start-up and even small-time innovators. For promoting of research, extension and training in the field of intellectual property rights and Commercial Law, All India Legal Forum has established the School of IPR and Commercial Laws.
- To set up and advance connections internationally and nationally with similar bodies, and provide a focal point in India for researchers in corporate law.
- To attempt and encourage research on corporate laws and entice students of the highest potential to provide opportunities for their engagement in corporate law research projects.
- To establish close relations with top associations and members of the legal profession associated with corporate law and securities regulation.
- To research Corporate Laws and allied laws of foreign countries and to identify training and development needs of the officials of the legal, regulatory other agencies associated with the implementation of corporate laws, rules and guidelines.
- To provide a forum for critical research on the interplay of contemporary issues in corporate law, both from an academic and industry perspective.
- To provide insight into how Intellectual Property Laws are essential.
- To provide a forum for discussion and debate in the field of Intellectual Property Laws to students and academicians, and to undertake academic research and study to suggest improvements in various laws, bills and government policies.
- To provide high quality and exclusive legal research both doctrinal and empirical by nature in the field of IPR and Commercial Laws.
LIST OF PROJECTS TO BE UNDERTAKEN BY SCHOOL OF IPR AND COMMERCIAL LAWS
- Overview of Section 138, Negotiable Instrument Act
- Corporate leniency and its efficacy
- Independence of Competition Commission of India
- A Critique of Insolvency Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- Revival and restructuring of sick companies: an Indian legal analysis
- Artificial Intelligence and Competition Law
- Insolvency Bankruptcy Code and Competition Law
- Position of Unconventional Trademarks
- Conundrum of parallel imports
- Indian Laws Governing Mergers and Acquisitions
Students who are enrolled in the 3-year and 5-year LLB programme and are interested to work in the field of IPR and Commercial Laws and have good experience in research and publication work.
Students who are ready to work for 6 months for researching the above-mentioned projects.
Students are required to mail their CV and Cover Letter of not more than 500 words as to why they want to join the school at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject “Application to School”. They are required to attach the recently published research paper. Failure to comply with the procedure leads to the rejection of the application. After selection of CV, students will be called for interview.
The last date of application is 12th September 2020, 11:59 PM only.
For further details, students are required to contact at 7014286027 (via WhatsApp only)