CALL FOR INTERNSHIP AT THE CENTRE FOR LEGAL RESEARCH,
FOREIGN AND PUBLIC POLICY
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR LEGAL RESEARCH, FOREIGN AND PUBLIC POLICY:
An autonomous centre of the research board of All India Legal Forum, the Centre for Legal Research, Foreign and Public Policy (CLRFPP) is a knowledge platform that includes and tries to bridge publication, training, and other forms of knowledge transfer and the development of knowledge tools. With the objective of delivering actionable ideas that could transform the society, the centre is dedicated to in-depth research and scientific analysis seeking to contribute to academic activities in domestic and international law and to do substantive research in public policy.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CENTRE:
- To develop substantive policy options on matters relevant to the Indian polity, economy, and society
- To provide advisory services to public bodies and other institution
- To disseminate information on policy issues through various channels
- Aims to provide a forum for discussion/debate and interaction.
- Intends to offer a program that focuses on equipping the students with tools for the analysis and development of public policy through a more hands-on approach.
- Facilitate student internships with governmental, non-governmental, and civil society organizations working in the area of public policy.
- Work for Poverty and Justice Studies
LIST OF PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN
- Women and Law
- India and its international relations with neighbouring countries.
- Rights of victims, prisoners and arrested person (In light of Legal Aid)
- The political system in India (An overview of different political parties along with an insight into the working of the left-wing and right-wing)
- Integration of Indian states (History and role of nationalist leaders)
- Minority of Human Rights in Indian states (In terms of language, culture, religion, etc.)
- Treaties and International agreements in Environmental Law
- Crime and Law enforcement in Indian and International perspective
- Immigration, nationality, and citizenship in Indian and International perspective
Indigenous and cultural rights of North-east India
Intern, Centre for legal Research, Foreign and Public Policy
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP:
Interns will be working under the Centre for Legal Research, Foreign and Public Policy for the duration of the internship. Interns will have much to take in this session.
- Interns will have debates on public policy and current affairs.
- Quizzes on the various subjects of law.
- Sessions on client counselling will be held which would enhance the legal standard and advocating skills of the interns
- In addition, interns are required to write blogs and will have a case commentary writing competition which will not only provide an experience of legal writing but will uplift the research skills in the field.
- The interns will have the guest lectures on both public policy fields and applications of law.
- Students who are currently enrolled in the 3-yearand 5-year UG Law course and willing to work for two months.
- Students those who have published their work in different journals and websites.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Self-motivated, self-directed,inventive, and detail-oriented.
NO. OF VACANCIES:
October 20, 2020 to November 25, 2020
- Due credit will be given for the work published on the website of All India Legal Forum
- Certificate of completion will be given upon successful completion of the tenure.
- Special perks will be given (if possible)
Interested candidates may mail their CVs at[email protected]latest by18thOctober 2020. The subject of the e-mail should be “Application for Internship at the Centre for Legal Research Foreign and Public Policy”.
Selected students will be called for an interview.