With great pleasure ProBono India in association with Dr. Chintan Pathak & Associates are presenting the 5th volume of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam National Legal Essay Competition 2020.
Amidst the fast pace race of the countries to reach the top of the world – this year intruded all star studded national and international plans with a lethal disease i.e. COVID-19. Several countries have shown commendable spirits to fight against the pandemic while defending their economies in these difficult times. This pandemic resulted not only in the loss of lives and livelihood but also loss of hope and encouragement for many. But, now as we are past the phase that shook us and accepted our fate – we are ready to conquer the world with creativity.
The “creativity” comes in all shapes and forms – countries across the globe have taken creative steps from adding legal provisions, introducing amendments, lockdowns and public curfews etc. Amidst the unfolding of the chaos of COVID-19, India came up with many important legal amendments that shall affect the socio-legal context of the Indian scenario, like: amendments in Disaster Management Act (2005); Epidemic Diseases Act (1897); use of the concept of “force majeure” in the contractual laws of India, among many others legal and administrative efforts to tackle the crisis at hand.
This year 2020 will be a cardinal catalyst in our new journey towards holistic development. The search for creativity and viewing the ongoing as well as prospective aftermath from socio-legal angles – we are introducing a platform which provides law students across India to utilize their time at home to hone not just their researching skills but also their power to creatively ponder upon the situation at hand from a comprehensive socio-legal viewpoint.
We believe in the philosophy of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam and thus, with the following message we invite all law students pan India to pen down their thoughts and entangle their thoughts while producing a creation we shall all value. Let’s elevate together:
Guidelines of the Competition
- Suggested sub-themes are Migrant Worker, Labour & Employment, Public Health, Domestic Violence, Education but not limited to these. Participant must adhere to main theme selecting any sub-theme.
- The Competition is open for all the students studying in any discipline in the recognized Colleges/Departments of the Universities in India. Maximum one co-author is allowed.
- Essay should be original (not published earlier or extracted from other sources) in English, 4500 to 5000 thousand words (New Times Roman, font size 12, 1.5 spacing) including footnotes. Title of the page should carry all details like name, affiliation, email id, mobile no. of the participants.Sample coverpage
- Registration Fees of Rs. 100 to be paid through Paytm/GPay to Mob. No. 9924897691. After making the payment registration to be made at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdN119Y_JtxdY3FNt2Qx8RCXD4Q2gk9EU25A4WevHaZbelqSA/viewformbySeptember 10, 2020.
- Essayto be sent to email id email@example.com word file only on or before September30, 2020, 10-00 pm.
- Students should also send scanned copy ofa valid ID card alongwith the essay. The participants will be informed other details or subsequent changes, if any. If there is any change in the e-mail address of the participants, it may be informed to the above address.
Awards & Certification
Certificate, Cash prizes & Memento will be given to best three essays. Winner Rs. 5,000, 1st Runner Up Rs. 3,000 & 2nd Runner Up Rs. 2,000. In case of tie, essay will be sent for further evaluation to experts. All contributors will be given a e-certificate of participation for submission of essay.
Outcome of the Competition
All good quality essays will be published in the form of abook/journal/magazine/electronic resource or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, subject to sufficient number of essays.All entries shall be deemed to be the property of the organizer. Organizer has complete discretion about publication of essay in any form. Essays will be judged by faculties from elite law institutions in India based on parameters like content, flow of presentation, critical & innovating thinking, reference, language etc.
Result of the competition will be declared on October31, 2020
For any further information or clarification, please contact,
Surat 394221, Gujarat
Mob. +91 99248 97691
E-mail :-info@ probono-india.in
Website : -www.probono-india.in
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.