The V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL), Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with the Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany and sponsored by the generous grant of Prof. Stephan Hobe is pleased to launch 2nd Prof. V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition 2020.
The Essay Competition is an endeavour to commemorate the inspiring contribution of Prof. (Dr.) V.S. Mani in the field of international law, particularly air and space law.
- Submissions shall be made in the online mode only.
- Submissions shall be in English.
- Submissions need to be original. Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- Topic once registered shall not be changed.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- Any identification mark (in any form) in the essay shall lead to disqualification.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- Word limit: 4000 – 6000 words (excluding references). Submission below or above the word limit shall not be considered.
- Citation style: Bluebook 20th edition.
- Font: Times New Roman; Font size-12; Spacing- 1.5.
- Any contribution received after the last date shall not be considered.
- A cover page with the title of the Essay, name and affiliation of author/co-authors shall be attached.
- Submit your text as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Selection will be done through two-tier blind review. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final.
- Essays will be evaluated on the following criteria: depth of analysis, cogency of arguments, structure, feasibility of suggestions, language and references in support.
The essay should focus on any contemporary issue of ‘Air and Space Law’.
To encourage and provide the opportunity for research to the students having a passion for Air and Space Law.
Eligibility and Registration
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) or a research scholar (Law) in India. The students shall register by filling the online form.
All submissions are to be electronically mailed only to [email protected]
Last Date for submission of the Essay is September 10, 2020.
- 1st Prize: ₹ 11,000/-
- 2nd Prize: ₹ 10,000/-
- 3rd Prize: ₹ 9,000/-
- 1st Consolation Prize: ₹ 3,000/-
- 2nd Consolation Prize: ₹ 2,000/-
Date of the Award
During the 5th Edition of GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) 2020 scheduled from 27th September – 4th October 2020.
All the participants fulfilling the submission guidelines shall be eligible to receive e-Certificate of Appreciation.
Kindly e-mail queries, if any, to [email protected]
For the brochure, click here.
For the flyer of the competition, click here.