About the Organization
The Centre for IP Studies (“CIPS”) at National Law University Jodhpur is focussed on creating a niche space for research in intellectual property. CIPS engages with the community and creates avenues for spreading awareness in Intellectual Property . Its combination of motivated faculty and students aims to make the domain of intellectual property accessible to all through its initiatives.
As a part of its dedicated Centre activities intended to promote research and studies in the field of Intellectual Property Rights, the Centre has taken the initiative to organise the workshop. The Centre monitors, designs and disseminates various courses and programmes pertaining to training and research in Intellectual Property Rights.
About the Workshop
The workshop is aimed towards engaging students, academicians, industry professionals and practitioners in a discussion on the patents drafting, filing and protection regime. The purpose of conducting the workshop is primarily to introduce participants to the basics of patent drafting and the filing procedure. This would help the participants in understanding the relevance of specification drafting and claim construction as well. The workshop would be a Two-Day event spread across four technical sessions by our eminent Speakers specialised in Intellectual Property Laws and having immense experience in the field of Intellectual Property. The participants would be able to learn the basics of patentability, filing and drafting along with some related aspects that would be covered by the experts.
26th & 27 th SEPTEMBER, 2020
The underlying theme on the basis of which the sessions of the workshop have been designed is “Basics of Patent Filing and Drafting of Claims & Specifications”. The sessions shall specifically be focussed on aspects of patentable inventions, filing procedure and requirements, along with special emphasis on Specifications and Patent Claims.
- MS. NAINA KHANNA, BA.LL.B, LL.M (IPR) ,Lecturer & Ph.D. Researcher, Maastricht University, Netherland
- PROF. SURAJ S. BHOYAR, University Manager, MIT-ADT University, PuneMechanical EngineeringPG Diploma in Patent Law, NALSARUniversity, Hyderabad
- MR. VIJAY KUMAR MAKYAM,LL.B., LL.M, M.Sc (IT),Technical Member (Trade Marks) Intellectual Property Appellate Board (IPAB)
Who can Apply?
- Ø The participation is open to a maximum of 100 Participants on first come first serve basis. (The 100 available slots are for participants other than the NLUJ IPR Hons. Students.)
- Ø Students pursuing three or five year integrated law course or intellectual property or any other science /technology based courses and interested in learning and exploring the patent filing procedure may apply.
- Ø The workshop is also open to academicians, industry professionals and early practitioners.
- Ø All participants will be awarded Workshop Completion-cum-Participation E-Certificate on attending all four sessions of the workshop.
- Ø NLUJ students who have opted for IPR Hons. and are interested in attending the workshop shall not be required to pay the registration fee.
- Ø The expression of interest can be done through the Google forms link: (Click Here to Express your Interest) by 20th September, 2020 by 11:59pm. First 100 applicants will receive an email by 21st September, 2020 for making the requisite payment for completion of registration process.
- Ø Each applicant shall be required to pay a registration amount of: Rs.750 for students and researchers, and Rs. 1000 for academicians, industry professionals and practitioners after they are notified about the selection for the workshop.
- Ø The registration amount must be paid by 25th September, 2020 by 11:59pm.
- Ø Each entry shall pay the registration fee through the following link:(To Pay the Registration Fees, Click Here) by choosing “Payment Other than semester Fee” Option and specifying the purpose of payment as “PFP Workshop”.
- Ø Once the payment is made, please email the payment receipt at : [email protected] by 25th September, 2020 by 11:59PM for confirmation and completion of registration process. The subject of the email shall be “Registration Receipt for PFP Workshop”.
- Ø The email shall also specifically include the Name of the participant, Year and course (if applicable), Name of the University/Organisation/ Affiliation, and Contact details (Phone Number and Email Id).
- Last Date for Expression of Interest: 20th September, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Notification of Selection: 21st September, 2020 by 11:59PM.
- Registration and Payment of Registration Fee: 25th September, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Email with Payment Receipt for Confirmation: 25th September, 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Workshop Dates: 26th & 27th September, 2020.
Contact DetailsAll queries may be directed to [email protected] or any of the following members of the organising team:
- Aditya J. Nair, Student Advisor, CIPS – Ph: 9497969600
- Rohan C. Govind Nallagatla, Student Member, CIPS – Ph: 8696922103
To Download Official Brochure, Click Here