Legis Orbis is an online platform which caters to holistic growth of legal education through digitalization of resources, events, and workshops. At Legis Orbis, we understand the dynamic state of law, in its all connotations, and aim to provide a single window for law students and professionals to come together and further it as a discipline. With this noble idea in mind, we launched the Legis Orbis Online Classes, wherein we educate law students on various legal subjects and application thereof. The first eight batches of the online classes were absolutely free, wherein we accommodated more than 150+ students from 67+ Law Colleges / Universities from across the country. We have now launched the 2nd Phase of our online classes.
The Chief-patron of our Advisory Board is Hon’ble Justice K G Balakrishnan, Former Chief Justice of India and the Board is chaired by Shri Salman Khurshid, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India, and the Vice Chairman is Shri Ashok Arora, Senior Lawyer, Supreme Court of India. The Board has a diverse membership of Senior Advocates, Judicial Magistrates, Research Associates, Professors, and also has a Consultant of the World Health Organization.
Hon’ble Justice AK Sikri, Former Judge, Supreme Court of India and International Judge, Singapore International Commercial Court is the Chief Patron of our Board of Patrons. Prof. Dr. R Venkata Rao, Former Vice Chancellor, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru is a senior member of the Board.
About the Competition
In line with our goal to further promote legal education, on the occasion of Teacher’s Day, we are pleased to announce the 1st Edition of Prof. Dr. R. Venkata Rao National Essay Writing Competition. It is our privilege to have this opportunity to honour the man, who has played the role of a Guru to thousands of law students, for over a period of 40 years. The contribution of Prof. (Dr.) R. Venkata Rao, Former Vice Chancellor of the National Law School of India University, Bangalore, in the field of Indian Legal Education is exemplary. He has also served the office of Vice Chancellor of the National Law School of India University, Bangalore for more than 10 years. He still continues to serve the nation with the same amount of dedication and determination.
Theme & Topics
Mental Health: Issues, Impact & Awareness
- Mental Healthcare in India: Implications & Legal Protections
- Sleep Anxiety: The Unnamed Pandemic
- COVID-19: Mental Health & Its Impact on Our Professional Lives
- Nepotism in Employment and Its Impact on Mental Health
Eligibility & General Rules
- This competition is open to anyone aged 15 years or older.
- International entries are welcome.
- Co-authorship is allowed, subject to maximum two (2) authors per entry.
- Entries must be the original work of the author(s). No plagiarism is allowed.
- Entries must be typed in English strictly following the formatting guidelines mentioned hereinabove.
- Entries can only be on the topics mentioned hereinabove.
- Entries must not have been published, self-published, published on a website or featured in any another competition.
Opening of registration – August 10, 2020
Closing of registration – September 04, 2020
Submission of entries – September 05, 2020 [00:00 to 23:59 Hrs]
For single author – Rs. 249/-
For co-authors – Rs. 399/-
- All entries to be submitted strictly following the ‘language & formatting guidelines’ mentioned in the official website. Failure to comply with these guidelines would attract disqualification from the competition.
- Entries to be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject, “Essay Competition Entry – Name of the Participant(s)”. E.g. “Essay Competition Entry – Abhishek Choudhary”. Failure to comply with mailing guidelines would attract disqualification from the competition.
N.B. In case of co-authorship, subject of the e-mail should contain full name of both the authors.
- All entries should be e-mailed to us on September 05, 2020 between 00:00 to 23:59 Hrs. Entries submitted beyond this deadline would attract disqualification from the competition.
Results & Prizes
The result will be declared on September 15, 2020.
- Cash prize upto Rs. 5000/-
- e-Certificate of Merit to top 10 participants
- e-Certificate of Participation to all the participants
Official Website – www.legisorbis.com
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.