About the Competition
Since its inception in 2007, the vision of Alternative Dispute Resolution Cell (ADRC) has been to disseminate knowledge relating to Alternative Dispute Resolution mechanisms and create a platform for like-minded and zealous individuals to come together to revolutionize the process of dispute settlement.
This goal became a reality in 2012 with the Cell organizing Asia’s oldest as well as India’s largest Mediation Tournament, the “NLIU INADR International Law School Mediation Tournament”. With each successive year, we have witnessed participation from all National Law Schools and premier private law schools of the country besides Universities in United States, Australia and parts of Europe.
With the experience of organising 8 successful editions of our prestigious mediation tournament, this year ADRC aims to conduct the “1st NLIU International Negotiation Competition 2020” virtually. The competition aims to provide an opportunity for students to be a part of disputes akin to actual altercations witnessed by legal professionals. It further presents an opportunity to hone in the requisite communication and negotiation skills in addition to holding discussions with equally enthusiastic professionals and students in the field.
Format of the Competition
- The competition shall be in the format of a negotiation competition wherein each team shall consist of 2 participants, i.e. the Client and the Counsel
- Due to the technical limitations of a remote tournament, the number of teams has been limited to 24
- The teams would be selected by the ADRC, on the basis of CV’s of the participants
- The tournament shall have 2 preliminary rounds and 2 Advanced Rounds (the Semi-Final and the Final)
The participation is limited to students pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB, BCL, JD or equivalent).
INR 2000.0 per participant- For Indian teams
USD 50.0 per participant- For Foreign Teams
Every team may be accompanied by 1 coach.
The registration fee for the coach would be INR 1000.0 for an Indian team and USD 30,0 for a foreign team.
The team coach is also permitted to attend their team’s mediation sessions. They shall also receive a certificate of recognition at the conclusion of the competition.
Considering the limitation on the number of teams, each University is permitted to be represented by only one team.
- Best Client (Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Counsel (Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Negotiation Plan
- Spirit of the Competition
The above-mentioned awards shall also carry prizes up to INR 1,00,000.0 the break-up of the same shall be announced soon.
Training Session for Judges & Participants
This competition will also provide an opportunity for the participants to develop the requisite negotiation and communication skills through various training sessions conducted by industry professionals from all around the globe. Basic training dealing with the functioning of an online tournament shall also be incorporated for judges as well as participants
- 15th August 2020 – Registration Open
- 18th September 2020 – Registration closes / release of general information.
- 2nd October 2020 – Last Date to pay the registration fee
- 7th October 2020 – Last Date to send a clarification
- 14th October 2020 – Release of addendum
- 20th October 2020 – The last date to submit introduction video
- 26th October 2020 – The last date to submit a negotiation plan
- 28-29th October 2020 – Training sessions
- 30-31th October 2020 – Preliminary rounds
- 1st November 2020 – Advanced rounds and valedictory ceremony