About the Competition:
4th Amity National Judgment Writing Competition 2019 is a combined venture of Amity Law School Gurgaon, SCC Online, and Legal Bites. This is to explore the area of legal education to increase and promote qualitative legal research by looking at practical aspects of the implementation of laws studied by Law Students.
- The participants should be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course, 5-Year LL.B. course or LL.M. from any recognized university/school.
- In one team, not more than two participants are allowed.
Important: A team comprising of two students from different colleges are also eligible to participate in the competition.
FORMAT OF THE JUDGMENT:
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your Institution and the names of student authors, with the signatures of each student author.
- The Judgment Writing shall begin on the next page. The first page of Judgment must contain Team Code, Name of the Court, Title, Number of the Case, Date of Delivery of Judgment, Nature of the Case(s) (Civil/Criminal/Writ)
- Admissibility/Maintainability of Petitions/Suits/Appeal
- History and Procedural History of the Petition/Suit/Appeal
- Issues and Points for Determination
- Framing Specific Questions for determination
- Reference to Precedents, Other Sources (both authoritative and persuasive)
- Decision on issues framed or points formulated
- Decretal/Operative Part
- Fees: ₹ 800 for single authors and ₹ 1,000 for Co-authors.
- Mode of Payment: Registration Fees should be paid online. Kindly take the screenshot of payment id for reference.
- A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
Payment of Registration Fee
- First Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online 1 Year Subscription
- Second Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online 1 Year Subscription
- Third Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online 6 Months Subscription
- Shortlisted judgments will be published with the name of the author.
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants excluding Top three.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
- Last Date of Registration – 5th November 2019 (Register as early as you can)
- The date for Releasing of Team Codes – 7th November 2019
- Last Date for Queries regarding Rules of the Competition – 10th November 2019
- Last Date for Submission of the Soft Copies – 20th November 2019
- Results – 26th November 2019
QUERIES RELATING TO THE PROPOSITION:
- All queries and clarifications regarding the proposition must be mailed to the Organizing Committee on [email protected]
Official Website – Click here