The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October, 1993. The statute under which it is established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993 as amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006.
It is in conformity with the Paris Principles, adopted at the first international workshop on national institutions for the promotion and protection of human rights held in Paris in October 1991, and endorsed by the General Assembly of the United Nations by its Regulations 48/134. of 20 December, 1993. The NHRC is an embodiment of India’s concern for the promotion and protection of human rights.
Breif Course Structure of the Internship
- Briefing of Members of NHRC
- Online Classroom session and Interactive Session
- Project Work on Human Rights Issue
- Book Review on Book related to Human Rights Issue
Eligibility: Students pursuing PG and UG courses from various streams. ( Law students will be preferred)
Dates: 16 June 2020-30 June 2020
Last date for application: 31 May, 2020
- Duly filled and scanned application form
- Recommendation email of princi[al/ Head of Department where student is presently studying
- Scanned ID card of present College or University
Apply Online through Application Form attached in the Notification. https://nhrc.nic.in/sites/default/files/advt_online_short_term_internship_june_2020.pdf
Mail Application to- [email protected]
Contact Details: 9810385722