About the Event
On 12 September 2020, the Singapore Convention on Mediation enters into force. In the wake of this monumental event, the Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR) Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab is organizing a panel discussion with leading professionals in the field of mediation with expertise on the Singapore Convention.
The main objectives of this webinar will be to have an interactive, free willing, open discussion among the panelists regarding the enforcement of the Singapore Convention and how it can revolutionize the mediation world, with a special emphasis on the interface between Arbitration and Mediation in light of the Convention.
Topic: Interface Between Arbitration and Mediation vis-à-vis the Singapore Convention
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice K. Kannan: Former Judge, Hon’ble High Court of Punjab and Haryana, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India, Chairman, Railway Claims Tribunal, New Delhi, Weinstein JAMS International Fellow, Panelist,
Committee to recommend a Draft Mediation Bill, MCPC, Supreme Court of India.
- Mr. Paul Eric Mason: International Counsel, Arbitrator, and Accredited Mediator, Executive Committee, Silicon Valley Arbitration & Mediation Centre, Creator and General Editor, International Commercial Arbitration Practice: 21st Century Perspectives (Lexis-Nexis, 2010), Non-Governmental Delegate to the Signing of Singapore Convention.
- Mr. Francis Goh FSIArb: Partner and Head, International Arbitration, Harry Elias Partnership, Honorary Secretary, Council (19-20), Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, Principal Mediator, Singapore Mediation Centre, Ambassador, Singapore International Mediation Centre
- Dr. Sukhsimranjit Singh: Managing Director, Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution and Professor of Law at Pepperdine University, Non-Governmental Delegate to the Signing of Singapore Convention.
- Moderator: Bhavya Mahajan: Case Manager, Mumbai Centre For International Arbitration (MCIA), Member, United Nations Multilateral Working Group and Working Group on Child and Youth ADR, Mediators Beyond Borders International
To attend the event, the attendees need to compulsorily register themselves through the link provided here.
Date and Timing
Date of Event: 12 th September 2020
Timing: 6:30 PM IST (UTC + 5:30) | 9:00 AM EDT (UTC – 4:00) | 3:00 PM CEST (UTC – 3:00) | 9:00 PM SST (UTC + 8:00)
Note: The platform for the webinar will be Cisco Webex.
Samiksha Sharma (Convenor, CADR: 07347606101
Kabir Chaturvedi (Member, CADR): 09148905381
For any further query, contact us at [email protected]