ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Indian Journal of Jurisprudential Studies is an open access and peer-reviewed online journal seeking to publish original research articles or any other form of scholarly writing dealing with the research topics of Law and Politics and allied issues. It aims to publish innovative and original papers that make a remarkable contribution to the wide field of law.
2. ABOUT THE COMPETITION
One thing that the present generation can never forget is the dreadful “Year 2020”. This year has been so horrendous that every single day when we wake up, we pray that at least today “nothing wrong should happen”. This year witnessed so many tragedies right from the dawn of January 1, 2020. Be it Environmental Tragedies, Disasters, Blasts, Budding risks of World War-III, and of course the devil of the day “COVID-19”, Year 2020 has shown no mercy upon us. However, inter alia, one thing that continued to function even when everybody was locked within the four walls of their houses was ‘The Law’. Many significant legal issues arose this year.
Thus, to highlight such legal issues in disastrous Year 2020, The Indian Journal of Jurisprudential Studies is organizing it first National Article Writing Competition.
Theme: “Year 2020 and the Law”
The theme is wide enough to include any dimension of law which is being highlighted in year 2020. For instance:
1) COVID-19 and different horizons of law (For e.g. COVID-19 and Access to justice, COVID-19 and ADR, COVID-19 and Health laws, COVID-19 and Media laws etc.),
2) Environmental issues,
3) The issue of Digital Courts,
4) Migrant labour crisis,
5) India-China Conflict,
6) India-Pakistan Skirmishes,
7) Debates concerning Racism and Nepotism, &
8) Any other issue (Domestic/International), which the author(s) deem fit under the broad ambit of “Year 2020 and The Law”
1) Students pursuing the three or five-year LLB course from any Law school/college/university in India are eligible to participate.
2) Students pursuing their LLM from any Law school/college/university in India are eligible to participate.
3) Academicians, Researchers and Ph.D./Doctoral Scholars from the field law.
4) Advocates, NGOs and Think Tank.
5) Any other person who wishes to express his/her views on the above theme.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
1) The work must be original which must be written solely by the Author(s) and should not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
2) The Manuscripts must include an abstract of 250-300 words (inclusive of the overall word limit). The abstract must highlight the structure and the essence of the manuscript.
3) Word Limit: 2000-4000 Words (inclusive of footnotes)
4) A uniform style of the citation must be strictly adhered to while submitting the Article.
5) Plagiarism is strictly prohibited and any article found with plagiarism above 15% shall be immediately rejected.
6) All submissions have to be made in MS Word format in Times New Roman with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. PDF files shall be straight away rejected.
7) It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the submissions do not contain any material that is defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or litigious.
The contribution shall be evaluated on the basis of originality, innovativeness, conceptual clarity, Knowledge of Law, grammar and language.
1) First Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 2000/- + E-Certificate of excellence + Free Publication in IJJS + Online Internship opportunity
2) Second Position: Cash Prize: Rs.1000/- + E-Certificate of Excellence + Free Publication in IJJS + Online Internship Opportunity
3) Third Position: Cash Prize: Rs. 500/- + E-Certificate of Excellence + Free Publication in IJJS + Online Internship Opportunity
4) Position 4-10: E-Certificate of Merit + Free Publication in IJJS
5) Position 11-24: E- Certificate of Participation + Free Publication in IJJS
[Six months Editorship opportunity may be given in case of Exceptional writing skills].
6) All other participants would be entitled to receive E-participation certificates
(Some selected articles, above the 24th Position, CAN also be published in IJJS if the organization is satisfied with the quality and content).
Please note: No hardcopy of Publication or certificate is to be provided
7. OUTCOME OF THE COMPETITION
Best Articles (regardless of their ranking in the competition) ‘MAY’ be compiled in the form of chapters, bearing the author’s name, in a Book bearing ISBN number. Provided, the organisation feels satisfied with the quality & quantity of Articles submitted. The authors of the selected articles shall be informed about the selection of their article for the book, by the end of October, 2020.
8. HOW TO SUBMIT?
1) The Submissions must be emailed at[email protected] before 23:59 PM, 10th September, 2020.
2) The subject of the e-mail must clearly mention, ‘Submission of Article’.
9. IMPORTANT DATES
1) Registration opens: August 15, 2020
2) Last date for registration: September 3, 2020
3) Last date for submission: September 10, 2020
4) Declaration of Results: September 17, 2020
10. HOW TO REGISTER?
1) There shall be a nominal registration fee of Rs. 200 (non-refundable) for all Participants( No additional cost for co-authors)
2) The participants have to pay the registration fee in the manner hereinafter provided.
3) Filling the Google Form is mandatory.
4) The payment screenshot must be attached within the registration form.
5) After the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further references.
6) Here is the link for registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1Zkk5HLStnH4nYLrf4rIyVOhArfzYy0pfTyG53N7AN58IQA/viewform
11. PAYMENT DETAILS
The registration fee can be paid online by scanning the QR code attached in the registration form with any UPI apps (Paytm/GooglePay/Phonepe etc.)
If you are facing any difficulty in paying the registration fees kindly drop us a mail at [email protected] with the subject line ‘Payment Query’ we will provide you with an alternative method as per your suitability.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
All queries can be addressed to the ‘Organising committee’ at [email protected] with ‘Query’ in the subject line of the email.
Official website: https://www.ijjslawjournal.com