About the Institute
GNLU Centre for Law and Economics has grown as a niche area dealing with the interface of the two subjects, wherein economic tools are used to better understand the efficiency and working of Law.
The mission of the GNLU Law and Economics Centre (GLEC) is to create awareness among the general public at large about this nascent field of study which can play a crucial role in making the Indian Legal System more efficient.
About the Competition
Centre for Law and Economics, GNLU is organizing the 3rd All India Essay Competition on ‘Law and Economics’. This comes out as a great opportunity for the students to research as per their interests in law and make an economic analysis of the same and get it published with one of its kind journals in India.
- COVID-19 and the Role of a Welfare State
- COVID-19, Surveillance, and Privacy
- COVID-19 and the state of Public Healthcare
- COVID-19 and Employment Law/ Labour Law
- COVID-19 and Intellectual Property Rights
- COVID-19 and International Liability
- COVID-19 and Criminal Justice Responses
- COVID-19 and Corporate Law
- COVID-19 and the Global Economy
- COVID-19 and the Role of International Organisations in Pandemics
- COVID-19 and Competition Law
- COVID-19 International Trade Law, and International Cooperation
The competition is open to the students who are currently pursuing graduation or post-graduation in bonafide Universities.
Interested candidates can register through this page.
Submissions will be made at cle[at]gnlu.ac.in with the subject ‘Law and Economics Essay- Author’s Name’.No late submission will be accepted.
- The essay should be written in English only.
- Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple Submissions will lead to disqualification.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of 2 authors is permitted. In the case of co-authorship, the registration form should be filled for each other.
- The students can’t enter as sole author and co-author. It will lead to multiple submissions and therefore disqualification.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification. Any identification mark in the essay will also lead to disqualification.
- The Centre may choose one or more essays for publication in the 3rd Volume of the GNLU Journal of Law and Economics.
- The length of the essay should be between 3500-6000 words, excluding footnotes.
- Submissions must be made in Microsoft Office (doc,/Docx.) formats only.
- The paper should be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
- The body of the manuscript must be in the font “Times New Roman” font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and alignment “justify”.
- All footnotes must be in the font “Times New Roman”, font size 10, line spacing 1.
- All submissions must follow the “The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (20thEdition)”.
September 15th, 2020, 11:59 PM.
- First Prize: Rs. 15,000/- cash prize (Special consideration for publication in the GNLU Journal of Law and Economics)
- Second Prize: Rs. 10,000/- cash prize (Special consideration for publication in the GNLU Journal of Law and Economics)
- Third Prize: Rs. 5,000/- cash prize (Special consideration for publication in the GNLU Journal of Law and Economics)
Email Id: cle[at]gnlu.ac.in