The RGNUL Student Research Review (RSRR) Journal is a bi-annual, student run, blind peer reviewed, flagship journal based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It has been founded with the objective of facilitating arguments in black and white. Legal Research skills form the core of the learning process in any dimension of law.
About Saikrishna and Associates Advocates
Saikrishna and Associates Advocates is a Tier-1 full-service firm and its expertise extends across wide practice areas and issues related to clients from diverse sectors.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board in collaboration with Saikrishna and Associates Advocates invites submissions from academicians, practitioners, legal luminaries and students on the theme “Protecting Consumers in the 21st Century: Broadening the Outlook.”
The dawn of the 21st century has witnessed drastic changes in the market dynamics, the modus operandi of businesses and the technological landscape. With the advent of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 new concepts to protect the consumers have been introduced, namely criminal liability, product liability, liability for misleading/false advertisements, amongst many.
However, despite the recent turn of legislative measures, the implementation and realisation of the objectives of CPA, 2019 is yet to be tested. Comprehensive legislation entailing a strong consumer protection framework and an efficient consumer disputes redressal mechanism has always been a challenge for India.
Thus, in light of the changing market dynamics and evolving consumer protection laws, RSRR seeks to delve into this theme, to review the legal and policy framework in today’s consumer-centric economy.
Call for Papers
They welcome submissions from legal practitioners, academicians, students and members of the legal fraternity.
RSRR invites submissions on the following sub-themes:
Liability under Consumer Protection: A Boon or a Bane?
- Criminal Liability: A Step Backwards?
- Critical Analysis of the Product Liability Framework
- Imputability of liability in the age of Robots and AI
Protecting a Digital Consumer
- The Impact of AI on Consumerism
- Privacy of an Online Consumer
- Unsolicited Commercial Communications
Changing Ambits of Consumer Grievance Redressal Mechanism: A Cross Jurisdictional Analysis
- Mediation as a Fresh Resolution Mechanism
- The Arbitrability of Consumer Disputes
- Expanding the Jurisdiction of Consumer Disputes
- Online Dispute Resolution: A Viable Remedy?
Consumer Law in a Global Village
- Need for Uniform and Standard Principles of International Consumerism
- Jurisdictional and Enforcement Issues vis-a-vis Cross-Border Trade
Comparative Consumer Law: Analyzing International Best Practices
- Revamping the definition of ‘Service’
- Educational Institutions: Serving Students?
- Accountability for ‘Free’ Healthcare Services?
- Content Moderation on Social Media Platforms: A Consumer Issue?
- Applicability of Sovereign Immunity for Government Services
- Aggregators and Gig Economy: Are gig workers consumers?
Issues Around Consumer Consent
- Consenting to Unfair Contractual Terms
- Impact of Big Data Analytics on Consumer Rights
- Consent in Internet of Things and Consumer Law
Consumer Protection in the Financial Sector
- Regulating Fin-Tech and E-payment Portals
- Deficiency of Service by Banks- An Expansive Interpretation
- Insurance Regulation for the Benefit of the Consumer
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Issues vis-à-vis Consumer Laws
- Consumer as a Creditor to the Corporate Debtor
- Concurrent Reliefs for a Consumer
- Individual Bankruptcy: A Consumer Protection Measure or a Market Abuse Measure?
Evolving Anti-Competitive Practices and Consumer Protection: Are the existing legislations adequate?
Consumer Protection and Environmental Sustainability: Creating a Balance
IPR Regulation for Consumer Benefit
Regulation of Advertising and Marketing Laws: Influencing Consumers’ Behavior
- Liability of Advertising Agencies and Influencers
- E-Commerce Portals: Targeting Online Consumers
- Regulation of Telemarketing and Robocalls
- Deceiving Vulnerable Consumers: Advertising and Trademarks
Note: The submissions are, however, not restricted to the aforementioned sub themes, provided they fall within the ambit of the main theme.
The RSRR invites papers under the following categories:
- Articles: 5,000 to 10,000 words
- Short Notes: 3,500 to 5,000 words
- Case Comments: 2,500 to 4,500 words
- Normative Law Articles: 3,000 to 5,000 words
Instructions for Authors
- All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
- All footnotes shall be in Garamond 10, single-spaced and should conform to the Standard Indian Legal Citation (SILC).
- Margins: Left 1 Inch and Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch and Bottom 1 Inch (A4).
- The word limit is exclusive of all the footnotes.
- Co-authorship is allowed up to 2 authors.
- All entries should be submitted in .doc/.docx format only.
- The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted paper. In case of any plagiarism found in the contents of submitted paper, the Manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
All submissions must be accompanied with an abstract of the subject to a maximum of 250 words. The abstract shall also be accompanied by at least 3 keywords in the paper, up to a maximum of 7 keywords.
The abstracts and the papers must be mailed at submissionsrslr[at]rgnul.ac.in, with the subject “Submission for Volume 7, Issue 1 – Type of Submission (Article/Short Note/Case Comment/Normative Law Articles)”.
The submissions of abstracts and papers should accompany a cover letter specifying author’s name, designation, institute, contact number and email for future reference in the mail body itself.
- The last date for submissions of abstracts is 15th October 2020 by 11:59 P.M. (Indian Standard Time).
- The deadline for the final paper submission is 15th November 2020 by 11:59 P.M. (Indian Standard Time).
For any further queries, contact the Editorial Board at submissionsrslr[at]rgnul.ac.in.
Stuti Srivastava: 98738-81807
Aditya Vyas: 94148-78054
Sehaj Singh Cheema: 87250-82864